Take Care Of Your Mind In 5 Simple Steps

Tuesday, 28 March 2017

(p.s this candle smells amazing)
Our mind is one of the last things we tend to think about when we think of our health. Mental health is something that is often overlooked and even dismissed but its as important as your physical health.

Meditation.
Ive spoken about this a few times already on my blog because its something I feel really strongly about.  Meditation has become such a big part of my life but Ive actually not been doing it as frequently lately and I can really notice a difference in myself. I am a lot less patient (bear in mind I am a very impatient person so you can only imagine how Ive been) and more stressed out when I dont meditate. It really does leave you feeling refreshed, more zen and relaxed. The little "Keep Out Mum" notebook is where I actually jot down all of my meditation sessions just for a personal keeping because Im weird about that.

Read.
Its amazing what reading a good book can do for your mind. Its allows you to open up your mind and soul to learn new things. It can be a magazine, blogs, classic novel or a fan fiction. I just strongly feel that everyone should time some time to read. 

Write it out.
This can be the best form of therapy. Ive been keepin a diary since I was a little girl and although it has definitely been neglected at times I always come back to my book and pen. By writing out your thoughts- good and bad, its like a weight is lifted off your shoulders. You can write whatever you please without the fear of anyone judging you. Well thats how I feel and why Ive kept a diary for all these years plus Im one of those people who has to write everything down!

Cut toxic people out of your life. 
Now this is obviously easier said than done. Unfortunately not everyone can just cut ties with certain relationships, life just isnt that easy. So if you have one of those relationship I would highly suggest you cutting back the amount of time you spend with that person and stop wasting so much energy on them that way you dont have to cut them completely out of your life. But if you have toxic and negative people in your life and you can cut them out of your life and you feel like it would make a positive impact on yourself then do it. Its not easy but it will be worth it in the long run.

Sit back and reflect
Take a couple of minutes everyday to sit back and be grateful for all the beautiful things in your life. Sometimes its so easy to forget about all of the amazing things we have going on in our lives because its easier to dwell on all of the hard things. Trust me, been there done that and its a lot nicer to focus on the good.


What are some things you do to keep your mind/mental health healthy?


twitter.com/beautylifebecca

pinterest.com/beccafletcher23

instagram.com/beautylifebecca

facebook.com/beautylifebecca/ 

16 comments :

  1. This is a great post! I really need to put some of these into action in my life, right about now.

    Zeynab
    The Beauty Load

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, let me know how you get on x

      Delete
  2. These are such great tips!


    xo, Liz

    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to start doing meditation! I really like the sound of it and I think it'd really help me. X
    Kate// itskaterose.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its great. I bet you will love it once you begin x

      Delete
  4. It's so important to take care of your mental health. I find fresh air, sleeping well and talking so important! xx

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fresh air can be the best medicine sometimes. X

      Delete
  5. I agree with all of this, babe! Mental health is so important and these are great tips :)

    xx
    Nida | Caked To The Nines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im so happy you agree. Thank you lovely x

      Delete
  6. I love to read, it just really zones me out, especially if I have my earphones in at the same time!

    Danielle xx
    http://www.fashionbeautyblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like heaven! :) A good book is a great bit of medicine. X

      Delete
  7. Love all theses tips! Reading & writing, especially on my blog have helped me to ease out my mind, too!
    xx

    Kaylee 🌛ㅣJK's Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats really great to hear. Thank you lovely xx

      Delete
  8. Journalling is one of the best ways for me to destress!
    Kathy x
    Alongcamekathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a great way to clear your mind isnt it? :) xx

      Delete