'Matte Me Up' Lip Kit by Barry M

Wednesday, 8 March 2017


I am so excited about this new Barry M release! They have just come out with their new dupe for the Kylie lip kits. They are called the 'Matte Me Up' lip kits and I believe they come in 3 different shades. In the kit you get a pencil lip liner and a matte liquid lip paint/lipstick. Its a non-drying, ultra-long wearing formula that is suppose to be easy to apply and should leave your lips with a bold finish. 

I bought the shade 'Go To' which is a Boots exclusive and it looks like a light nude on the box which is completely different to any other liquid lipstick I own. But, it actually swatches a lot darker than I thought it would which is a little bit disappointing for me as I was looking for a lighter liquid lipstick to match my pale skin and doesn't wash me out but Im sure it will look 10 times better after I apply some fake tan. The lip pencil and lip pain goes on super creamy, easily and its very pigmented. And bonus, its smudge proof so you don't have to worry about going to the bathroom every 2 minutes to check and re-apply your lipstick. However, I haven't tested this long-wear so I cant guarantee that it will last all day/night. 

I really hope they come out with lighter nude because I will be buying that as soon as it gets into Boots! Overall I would recommend these lip kits especially if you are after a Kylie lip kit dupe and its only £6.99. 





22 comments :

  1. Looks like a great alternative to the Kylie Lip kits! If they're popular they will probably expand the shades and maybe you'll find something lighter x

    Beauty From Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got one of these but in the shade Pose and I really like it, I want to try this shade too though! X

    Kate// itskaterose.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try the shade Pose. X

      Delete
  3. This looks so good, I'm obsessed with matte lip products! x

    Ariadna || RAWR BOWS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love anything that is a good dupe so I will have to check this out and give it a try!

    Danielle xx
    http://www.fashionbeautyblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And me. I really want to try the Makeup Revolution lipsticks that are suppose to be a dupe to the Charlotte Tilbury ones.

      Delete
  5. I have this shade and TBH its not my favourite Liquid Lipstick formula but it is pretty good as affordable ones go. They are also very good dupes of the Kylie lip kits xx

    LPage Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, its not the greatest formula but it is really good for the price of it. x

      Delete
  6. I definitely need to try Barry M makeup, they are so affordable and have quite a couple of interesting products in their range. Great post.

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you need to! Barry M is one of my favourite makeup brands. Thanks x

      Delete
  7. I really need to pick these up, I switched them last time I was in Boots and they literally stayed on my hand all day!

    http://claresloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep seeing lip kits everywhere, but I have been too undecided to buy one. Think this could be the one!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it seems like a lot of companies are coming out with lip kits.

      Delete
  9. Omg I need to try this range, I keep seeing them pop up everywhere!
    Jen, Velvet Spring. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so long wearing, I need to buy every shade now!

      Delete
  10. Love these! I think they were limited edition though which is a bit upsetting. Here's to hoping they bring them back with a expanded shade range!
    Kate xx

    themakeupartistschoice.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they add them to their permanent collection. I think only a couple of the shades are limited edition but dont quote me on that.

      Delete
  11. I'm obsessed with matte lipsticks so I need to snap some of these up <3
    ♥ Fran - frannymac.com xx

    ReplyDelete